The support page for GedGap contains the latest user guide and sample import GEDCOM to try, advisory notes, new feature wishlist and uninstall instructions.
Links to archives of older user guides and an app change log can be found at the bottom of the page.
The following resources are available for the current version 2.6 of GedGap, with the Accessible PDF format e-book also available from within the application under the Help > GedGap Help menu;
- GedGap User Guide v2.5-6 (Accessible PDF format e-book)
- Sample GEDCOM file for importing (Zip file containing a sample GEDCOM file)
You may need to unzip this sample GEDCOM file before importing.
If you are having any issues (e.g. importing your GEDCOM file) or you have a suggestion, please contact us with your comments.
The data model had been updated in the prior version 2.0 to incorporate source relevancy and changes to storing audit information. You will be asked whether to convert your data when an older versioned Gedgap document is opened.
The following are minor issues identified or ideas shared from our customers to be considered for inclusion in a future version of GedGap;
- Minor bug that last person viewed is not restored when reopening a document (when table is not sorted by Id);
- Workaround; Click the Id column before saving your changes.
To uninstall or remove GedGap from your computer;
- If GedGap is currently running, please quit the application,
- Delete the GedGap application file (usually located in your Applications folder) by dragging it to Trash, and
- Optionally, delete the au.com.sevencookies.GedGap folder from within your container folder, which is located in your home Library folder (~/Library/Container/au.com.sevencookies.GedGap, where the ~ tilde symbol is your home folder).
We welcome relevant and respectful comments, please read our comments policy before adding comments below.