GedGap is a free genealogy tool that can help you plan, rate and prioritize your research plan from an imported GEDCOM file;
- Analyze and score each of your sources to reveal gaps in the reliability of your birth and death entries,
- Prioritize individual avenues of research based on the quality of the sources upon which they’re based,
- Determine a confidence rating in your sources based on completeness of research,
- Provide brief tips on birth and death entries for researching,
- Allow you to add brief notes to each entries status of research,
- Allow you to set flags for missing sources being proof of birth and death events, whether research is complete or has ceased, and
- Produces various reports on your research plan.
The internal scoring engine is customizable for different birth and death source types, e.g. birth index, death certificates, etc.
GedGap (v2.5 for macOS 10.11+) Free
Not available in U.S.; Ratings reset for v2.